Chances are if you enjoy debate, argumentation and the ideal of justice, you should check out Gannon’s Pre-Law/Legal Studies Department. With unique opportunities for students and a hands-on curriculum, pre-law at Gannon is a great first step into a promising career. Here are some fun facts that might get you started on your search:
1. Gannon’s pre-law students find themselves with a wealth of internship possibilities. From government to judicial to political offices, pre-law internships can take you anywhere.
2. Most pre-law students complete a four-year legal studies degree. Or you can choose a different major and complete a pre-law minor and legal certificate without extra credit loads.
3. Gannon’s campus is located at the heart of Erie’s legal center, putting the city, county and federal courts within one block. This allows pre-law students an up-close look at their passion.
4. A large percentage of pre-law students at Gannon find themselves moving on to a graduate degree dealing with law.
5. Students studying pre-law are often included in site visits to the nation’s most historical sites and/or study abroad opportunities.
Here’s a guest blog from Gannon Alumnus Phil Zimmerly who studied at the University of Alabama School of Law.