We’re slowly creeping up on that time of year again: Valentine’s Day. Instead of frantically scrambling to find the perfect gift for that special someone, why don’t you get them something they will really appreciate? Baked goods! Luckily, Erie is home to many delicious bakeries, one of them being the Magic Cookie Company. Here are five things you ought to know about this confectionary delight:
1. Located on 702 Raspberry St., the main location is just a short drive or walk away, making it a perfect destination for a post-lecture pick-me-up.
2. In addition to cookies, the bakery sells cakes, cupcakes, danish and cinnamon rolls. Or order from the breakfast or lunch menu if you’re craving something more substantial.
3. It’s not just chocolate or snickerdoodle: the Magic Cookie Company has unique flavors like chocolate potato chip, hot chocolate and even fruitcake! This month’s featured flavor is a “dirty doodle” – a chocolate cookie covered in cinnamon sugar.
4. The store’s hours are 7:30-11:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Fridays at their 126 West Ninth location.
5. The Magic Cookie Company offers tasty homemade treats at a reasonable price. Even a poor college kid can afford them! Payments can be made through cash or check.