I have been blessed in my life to be able to adventure to many different National Parks, as shown in this blog. It has quickly become my favorite type of vacation. When I was younger, I used to always want to go to the beach just like all of my other friends, so that I could come back to school with a nice tan. However, as I grow older and out of my teenage years, my opinion has certainly changed.
Now, my ideal vacation is going all over the country with my entire family and going on new adventures. I simply couldn’t imagine it any better way. Don’t get me wrong, being together in such close proximity for two weeks straight definitely leads to quarrels and arguments, but the places that we end up going always outweigh the difficulties.
This week, I decided that I would share my ultimate Top 10 in the arena of National Parks. Granted, I am only 19 years old, and I have only been so many places. This means that I am certainly not the most dependable travel guru, but alas, I will try my best to judge these places in the most accurate way possible. I am also going to add a simple reason as to why they are ranked in the way they are. Therefore, without further ado, here is my highly amateur Top 10 Favorite National Parks!
10. Redwood National Park, California – Being surrounded by the tallest trees I have ever seen
9. Grand Canyon, Arizona – Obviously the incredible view of the vast canyon below
8. North Cascades National Park, Washington – Heather Pass Maple Loop Trail
7. Glacier National Park, Montana – Driving down the “Going To The Sun” Road
6. Acadia National Park, Maine – Waking up for the sunrise and hiking to the top of Cadillac Mountain to see the sun peeking over the water for the first time that day
5. Yellowstone National Park, Montana –Driving past the herds of buffalo roaming through the fields
4. Zion National Park, Utah – The experience of walking through the Narrows of the Virgin River
3.Yosemite National Park, California – The view of Half Dome from the top of Glacier Point
2. Wrangell St. Elias National Park, Alaska – Seeing the multitude of wildlife be so comfortable and free in their habitat
Finally, can I get a drum roll please? The ultimate favorite National Park is……
1. Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska – The entire maritime feeling of the town and the park
There it is, ladies and gents! Those were all of my favorite National Parks I have visited! I hope that this inspires some of you. There are so many different and incredible parks, preserves, and monuments out there that it can be really intimidating. I know that my own family was very intimidated when we started planning our first trip and the ones after that as well.
I really hope this can give anyone who wants to visit a National Park a good idea of where to start! Once you decide the first and most important one to you, then you can branch out from there and plan out a trip in that area of the country.
Thanks for reading! I’ll see you next week!