As we head into finals week, here are a few things that I’ve learned that have helped me with the anxiety and stress of finals week:
- Take breaks
- Taking a small break to go on a walk or even taking a small nap is a good way to help your body refuel. You could even walk to Starbucks and get a good pick-me-up drink! I personally love going on walks to help clear my head!
- If you need help focusing: Use peppermint essential oils!
- I’ve learned that peppermint essential oil in my diffuser helps keep me awake, alert, and helps me focus!
- Snacks are ~key~
- Eating small and healthy snacks while you are studying helps your body get the nutrients it needs. It is easy to forget to eat when you are overwhelmed with finals! Here are some healthy snack ideas: trail mix, popcorn, fruit, veggies and hummus, and string cheese!
- Call your mom!
- This is something I like to do when I’m really stressed. My mom always knows how to calm my nerves and put me in the best mindset for my exam.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
- This is a big one. I was once afraid to ask for help from peers and professors. Every single professor wants you to succeed and are more than willing to help! This can help you understand the topic better and get a better grade on the final!
- Sometimes, social media can be tempting. It’s easy to get down the Instagram rabbit hole. I find it really easy to turn off my phone or even put it on do not disturb. I also put it in my backpack. Out of sight, out of mind!
- Sometimes distracting myself of all my responsibilities is a good way to destress. If I’m distracted, I’m not thinking of everything that I have to do and stressing myself out even more.
Always remember: You are not defined by your GPA! Study hard Knights!