– On Wednesday, January 11th, be sure to check out the Gannon Knights and Lady Knights basketball teams as they take on the Edinboro University Fighting Scots. The ladies play at 5:30 p.m. in the Hammermill Center followed by a reception before the men play at 7:30 p.m.
– A lot of service opportunities present themselves in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday, January 16th. You can help by sorting donations for the MLK Center here in Erie and helping people register to vote on campus and at the Center. There will be a city-wide Memorial March at noon, beginning at Perry Square and ending at the MLK Center, followed by a luncheon back on campus.
– January is definitely a month to find some entertainment to get your mind off of school and the cold. On January 13th and 14th, Alpha Psi Omega will be holding their second annual Glow Show in the Schuster Theatre at 7 p.m. Come watch dances choreographed to popular songs such as “Born This Way” and “Firework” and all performed under blacklight.
– Alpha Psi Omega will also host Erie’s new theatre company Dramashop in the One Green World Café at 8 p.m. on Thursday, January 19th and Friday, January 20th as they present a staged reading of the play “God of Carnage.” The event is free so stop by, pick up a hot coffee and watch this fascinating performance.
– On January 30th, the annual Faith Field Days in Celebration of Catholic Education will be held in the Yehl Ballroom at 5:30 p.m. This event is held as part of National Catholic Colleges Week. Join a team with some of your friends or one of the on-campus faith-sharing groups for a good night and lots of fun.
For more on the Gannon Golden Knights and the Lady Knights be sure to check out the Athletics Department page here.