One thing that gets Gannon students through the snowy abyss of winter is the thought of spring. Here are seven ways to get an early taste of summer in Erie:
1. Go out for ice cream. There are many creameries around campus that open the first day of spring. Enjoy a cold treat from Connie’s Ice Cream Parlor, Denny’s Ice Cream Stand, Dolce Gourmet Gelateria & Café and more.
2. Practice your putting. Just outside of campus, Harbor View Mini Golf has a beautiful view of the bay. It is a charming course and is always a welcoming retreat for students.
3. Visit Presque Isle. Ah, the luxuries of living in Erie. Gannon is right next to the lake, so why not take a walk down to the pier or a short drive to the beach? Lake Erie happens to have one of the best sunsets you’ll ever see.
4. Go on a picnic. Grab a quick lunch from nearby Viva Wraps and Pitas, Sidewalk Café or Happy Garden and have a picnic lunch at Perry Square. Right on Sixth Street, the square is a nice little park near campus that can give you a taste of nature in the middle of the city.
5. Sara’s & Sally’s. This all-American diner is located at the very opening of Presque Isle State Park. Bring some friends, sit outside and chow down on anything from burgers and dogs to onion rings and authentic malt shakes.
6. Attend a concert. Every spring, Gannon’s Activities Programming Board presents a concert that students can attend at a discounted rate. The Fray, Jack’s Mannequin and Andy Grammer are coming this spring. Next year, students can look forward to another big name.
7. Take a walk on the wild side. Take a trip to the Erie Zoo, located a short drive from campus. What’s more of a mood booster than visiting your favorite animal on a warm and sunny spring day?
Erie offers seven ways to satisfy your inner artist all year long.