Does a career in the medical field excite you, but the idea of going to school for a long period of time scare you off? Then Gannon’s occupational therapy program may be for you. Here are 5 quick facts to get you started:
1. At Gannon, you can get a Master’s degree in occupational therapy in just five years with financial aid for fifth year students, unlike many other graduate programs.
2. Get hands-on experience while completing two twelve-week fieldwork courses as a part of the program.
3. This accredited program has a faculty with a combined 85 years experience of clinical or educational experience in areas such as hospitals, nursing homes, school systems, military facilities and many others.
4. Occupational therapy students are welcome to join the Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA) and gain professional leadership and volunteer experience.
5. OT students work in teams to plan and carry out clinical research just like a working professional.
Take a look at the Robert H. Morosky Building,which house the OT program.