Are you interested in a health science profession, but want to avoid the cost and stresses of medical school? Consider studying nursing. Here are five facts about Gannon’s program and where it can take you:
1. For students who’d like to study online, Gannon offers three different types of degrees, including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, and a school nurse certificate.
2. Gannon’s Core of Discovery allows you to take other classes that might pique your interest while taking several science courses.
3. A nurse’s average income ranges from $44,404 to $65,105 per year.
4. Nursing is just one of the many health science majors that make up 27 percent of bachelor studies and 97 percent of associate studies, according to the College Board.
5. Gannon partnered with UPMC Hamot, giving students the opportunity to obtain job experience before they graduate.
Nursing majors can also participate in field-related work study.