If you come to school and decide to start cooking instead of eating within the school’s food facilities, you might be a little nervous, especially if you have never cooked before. Personally, this is my first-year cooking on campus, and I was nervous too! So, from doing some research and making food myself, I found 5 easy recipes that anyone can use to make a great meal!
- PB&J Panini (or grilled PB&J)
- I have not personally had this, but I am pretty sure I know what it would taste like. All you do for this is grab some of your favorite jelly, peanut butter, and some bread, and then put it in a griddle pan! Or you can just use a regular pan to make it more of a grilled cheese style. Either way, easy and yummy!
- Fancy ramen
- This one is just like it sounds – regular ramen but with more flavor and protein! You can add in soy sauce, an egg, cheese, chicken or beef, or peanuts if you want. Anything that sounds good to you, can be added into ramen. It is probably one of the quickest things to All you do is make your ramen and throw in things you want in it!
- Burrito bowl
- My mom personally gave this idea to me, so shout out to mom!! But anyways, it’s just like it sounds. You’ll need some rice, salsa, guac, sour cream, cheese, protein, and whatever else you want. Just start by cooking your protein and rice first so that by the time they are both done, you can just put your toppings on and mix them all together. Topping the bowl off with tortilla chips is another great way to add some crunch and saltiness to it.
- Anything in a crockpot
- There are so many things you could put into a crockpot and let it cook while you’re in class, so when you come back starving, it is already there for you. You can get some chicken, add some broth and veggies into it, and done! You can add pork, sauerkraut, etc. If you don’t want a full meal, you could make buff chick dip, Swedish meatballs, or artichoke Crock pots are useful for practically every meal of the day!
- Overnight oats
- This is something I have for breakfast almost every single day, and it is SO EASY!! Another shout out to my mom for introducing me to all these yummy ideas. So, for this you are going to need oats, either milk or yogurt, some honey to add sweetness, a sprinkle of salt, and cinnamon. You can also add any type of fruit, peanut butter, choc chips, and so much more. What you do is get a little container and put your oats in, then pour milk or spoon in yogurt to make it moist. Then, you want to add your honey, salt, cinnamon, or anything that is easily mixed in. Then, go ahead and top it off with your fruit, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. Once you’re all done with layering your toppings, throw that container into the fridge, and let it sit overnight. Grab it on your way out the door, and you are all set! It is my favorite thing to have for breakfast personally.
If you are looking for more recipes and different ideas, here are a few websites that can expand your cooking skills!
- you can even look “easy recipes” on Pinterest and there will be tons!